Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School! First Day of School!

 Happy first day of school, Westminster College students! August 22nd has finally arrived and with it comes a slew of excited freshmen and course-loaded upperclassmen. I for one have always loved the first day of school; or at least I tell myself that I love the first day of school. I love getting dressed in the morning and printing out my schedule before class. I love running around campus the day before to make sure I know where everything is going to be and organizing all of my binders, notebooks, and pens. And while I don't necessarily enjoy paying for textbooks, it doesn't keep me from getting giddy when they start arriving in the mail. Though at Westminster, the first day of school isn't really the first day of class. For a lot of students, it's move-in day. We had freshmen move-in on Saturday the 18th and upperclassmen move-in on Monday the 20th. It's been awesome to be a resident advisor this year and help with move-ins and meet all of the cool residents I'm going to be getting to know.
Lindsey Pesek and I welcoming our first year students to Hogle! 
All week we've been having tons of fun activities, on campus, for students. My favorite activity so far was the annual capture the flag game that takes place from corner to corner of campus. I played with my floor, Hogle 3rd, and we had a blast!
Hogle 3rd Capture the Flag Team
Today my schedule consists of Principles of Layout and Design and The Forum. But I'm starting it out by working in the Admissions office and drinking a gigantic iced latte from the new coffee shop in the recently renovated and rededicated Bassis Center for Student Learning. I can already tell that this is going to be one of my new favorite spots on campus and a popular hangout for my friends. It has late hours, a fireplace, comfy study areas, and tons of coffee. I love it!


1 comment:

  1. You are adorable with your big cup and bigger grin!

    ReplyDelete